Monday, December 20, 2010

Satin Slave Ring

One of the first rings I ever made for myself was this slave
ring by Japanese designer Emi Takamatsu.


I'm not sure why it's called a Slave Ring but since that Emi's
name for it I'm happy to keep it that way!


My first ring was made with nylon beading thread and I wore the ring so much that it fell apart! I've since then discovered Fireline, which is a braided thread especially designed for crystals with sharp edges. I used this thread and a new order of satin bicones to make myself another ring and I think it looks even better than the first one!


The band for this ring is made to measure so orders must be accompanied by your finger circumference in millimetres. This made-to-order design will be listed in my Etsy store very soon.

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful!!! I would be VERY interested in a cuff style bracelet in this same pattern. How much would something like take to make and cost? I might be interested in ordering several as bridal party gifts...

    Much Thanks
    Rainbow Plant
    rsvp1073@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your work is really beatiful¡.....
    congratulations from Panamá, Central America.

    ReplyDelete