Sunday, January 2, 2011

NEW designs for 2011

 Towards the end of last year I learnt how to make a beaded bead.

A wooden bead is used as the core, which is then 'wrapped' in seed beads using circular peyote stitch. Any size bead can be used and on its own looks great as a pendant. A whole lot of beaded beads strung up also make a very striking necklace - watch this space!
But as most of you will know, rings are my thing and I had to find a way to use my newly learned skill to create a wearable ring. A bit of internet searching turned up the perfect size cabochon and then the fun began. Working out the right amount of increases and decreases to match the curve and size of the cabochon was trial and error. For every successful ring I've produced I've taken apart at least three!


But I think I've got it now and have been having such fun experimenting with different colours to create patterns. The possibilities really are endless and there are not enough hours in the day for me to try out all the ideas I have! I went on a rather large seed bead shopping spree (how good is the Aussie dollar right now?!) which I hope will be delivered very soon, so expect to see a lot more fun designs in my Etsy store.





1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful creations, Cheryl - love them all!

    ReplyDelete