Monday, January 24, 2011

Happiness!

This is what I've been waiting for! A heavy padded envelope was waiting for me at the front door this afternoon with an absolute rainbow of Japanese seed beads.


Like so many other crafters I know, I source most of my supplies from overseas. When I first came to Australia from Africa I was thrilled by the selection of beads available in bead shops and used to spend hours just browsing the many colours, shapes and sizes. Fortunately I have a sister who enjoys this activity as much as I do.
But even the best bead shops could not compare to what I found online. America is a treasure trove for crafters. It's probably a good thing I don't
live there!


The downside of course is waiting for your parcel! But for now my wait is over and when I tipped all these bags of beads out of the envelope I almost got a creative anxiety attack.
So many colours! So many options! Where to start? When to start?

If you don't hear from me for a while at least you know
what's keeping my busy.

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I was just looking at your etsy store wondering if your brighter colours had arrived :) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie I think I might have ordered too many colours! I've got sensory overload! Unfortunately I also have a busy week so don't know when I can get to play. So tempting to neglect the housework sometimes...

    ReplyDelete